Welcome to Polywink Flash Contest #1 - Fairy Tale!
Enter our flash contest to show off your 3D modelling skills and try to win one of our wonderful prizes!
Fairy Tale Contest Brief
Gather round from all ends of the realm and take part in our tournament, for Polywink is proud to present its first flash contest! To start off with a magical twist, we’ve picked a “Fairy Tale” theme that will put the spotlight on knights and princesses, fairies and mysterious creatures, mages and adventurers. Entice us with your enchanting characters!
Polywink strives to make facial animation accessible to everyone in the blink of an eye thanks to its magical blendshapes and rig generation. Would you like us to cast a spell on one of your models and instantly bring it to life? Well, if you’re a 3D adventurer and you wish to be a part of our journey this might be your lucky day.
Winners will get access to different Polywink services for free. Our team will generate complete sets of blendshapes for the winning models, turning a static character into an animation-ready or game-ready asset overnight!
- 1st place: Facial Rig on Demand (236 blendshapes, worth 999€) + 150€ Polywink voucher
- 2nd place: Blendshapes on Demand (157 blendshapes, worth 499€) + 150€ Polywink voucher
- 3rd place: Animation For IPhone X (52 ARKit blendshapes, worth 299€) + 150€ Polywink voucher
- Honorable Mentions: 150€ Polywink voucher
One rendered still image of your 3D head model, frontal angle, in a neutral pose, with matching background. Image should be in portrait format, minimum 1920 height.
Winners will be showcased on Polywink's website and social media channels, displaying an expression resulting from the Polywink process.
A sample of what is expected
- All submissions must be based on humanoid 3D head models.
- Entries do not have to be original models specifically made for this challenge. You can use any model you’ve previously made, as long as it’s yours. You must own full rights to said model.
- Only one submission by participant will be accepted. However, contestants can submit a model on behalf of their team or their studio, as long as they own the rights to said model.
Submissions will be judged regarding the modeling and texturing quality of the models, along with their originality.
You have up until May 28th to send your models.
The winner will be announced on our website on May 30th.
May the best model win!
You must be logged in to view the participation form.
Register now if you don't have an account yet.
Fill the form below to enter the contest!
1) Why is this Contest a “Flash” Contest?
This is a “flash” contest due to the short amount of time you have to submit a model. But do not worry since there is no need to create a model for the sole purpose of this contest: you can submit models that you have created for other purposes in the past as long as you own full rights.
2) Where do I ask questions about the challenge?
You can ask any questions related to this contest at the following address: email@example.com
3) Where do I ask about technical problems or feature requests?
If you encounter any technical difficulties regarding this contest, please contact us at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org
4) Can I submit multiple submissions for this challenge?
No, you can only submit one model for this challenge.
5) Can my design be based on an existing model?
Yes. You do not have to create a model specifically for this challenge, however you need to own the rights to your model.
6) Can a team participate in the challenge?
Yes, one team member can participate on behalf of its team. Please specify this on the project description field.
7) Do I have to create an account on the Polywink website in order to participate?
Yes, you do have to create an account using your real name and first name in order to be able to take part in this challenge.
8) Can I submit an entry based on an IP I do not own?
No, you must own full rights to the model, including the original IP it is based on. Shrek models are strictly forbidden.
9) Can I submit a model from an asset store?
No, you must own full rights to the model.
May 28th 2019.
The winners will be announced on this page on May 30th.
All submissions must be still renders of humanoid 3D head models.
Candidates must own the rights to their submitted models. Submitted models do not need to be created specifically for this contest, as candidates can use any of their creations to enter the contest.
Only one submission by participant will be accepted. However, contestants can submit a model on behalf of their team or their studio, as long as they own the rights to said model and are explicitly authorized to do so.
One(1) rendered still image of your 3D head model, frontal angle, in a neutral pose, with matching background. Image should be in portrait format, high resolution, minimum 1920 pixels high.
The entrant grant Polywink rights to use all entered materials in any media for marketing material provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials.
Winners grant rights to use their submitted models in any media for marketing purposes and to promote the winning entries, provided full and correct credit for the artist clearly appears with said materials.
Entrants and winners retain copyright of entered materials.
Submissions will be judged regarding the modelling and texturing quality of the models, along with their originality.
The judges will be lead members of the Polywink and Eisko teams: Alexis Caillet and Florian Croquet.
Any image presenting inappropriate content may be disqualified and removed at the sole discretion of Polywink’s team.